Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Do I hear a "Whats Going on here?"

I know the blog is beginning to sound very political, there is a reason.

Let me do some explaining.

I am an American born to this land 69 years ago.

My family has been part of this country since it's inception. I have had relatives in the Revolutionary War, and every other war that the United States of America has been in. 

My roots go back to 1655 when Jean Trudel landed on this continent. He chose to stay in Canada in the area of Three Rivers on the St. Lawrence River between Quebec and Montreal. Later our family gravitated to what now is the continental United States, part of us settled in the area of Boston and another part continued further south towards the Delta Region of the Mississippi. In one way or another my family has been part of the United States since before it was the United States.

My family has participated in the birth process, and the growth process of this country. I have had relatives fighting for this country prior to 1775 on down through to today, In the south there were relatives at the “Battle of New Orleans” with that pirate that came out of the bayous named Jean Lafitte who participated in the Blockade of New Orleans Harbor against the British Navy.

I am told, though I can't verify that relatives participated at Bunker Hill, at Fort Ticonderoga, at British Evacuation of Boston, at Invasion of Quebec, Canada. My folks also participated in the Civil War, and the Spanish/American war on, and on down through WW1, WW2, Korea (my Dad), Viet Nam (me) Kosovo (my eldest son) Iraq #1 (my middle son) Afghanistan (my youngest son).

We have always stood for this country as we did going back through the years to the beginning of our history. My family consists of people of the earth, and soldiers.

This is not to brag, nor is it to raise my family above others, because you see we are but only a part of what took place in the birth of this country other families participated, some at a higher cost, but so you would understand why I have chosen to put these facts in my blog about the Convention of States. I honestly believe that this is the way to get our country back on an even keel. 

Notice I did not say we are perfect, far from it, there is a lot that needs to be cleaned up and put right, but the only way for that to happen is to first get the government under control. Financially we cannot continue to let them (the representatives) spend us into oblivion, and at the rate they are going, that takes place in the next five to six years! We cannot afford the taxes they want to run their ever burgeoning footprint.

As I see it, there are two ways to preclude the catastrophic events that will take place if we as citizens do not do something. 

One is the legally authorized way, by means of a Convention of States where citizens participate through State Legislatures to restrict the unrelenting growth of government, reduce the financial burdens placed on the people, and nullify the over regulation of the government, through the process of debate and amendments to the Constitution, not to detract from what is already there, but to reaffirm what is there.

The other alternative is hard to even comprehend and that is insurrection. Being a soldier from soldiers, I can testify you really don't want it to go that far. 

If it were to, that would mean the end to the United States of America.

I don't accept that so I opt for the first choice, and I will do everything I can to ensure that it happens the way it is supposed to.




No comments:

Post a Comment